Chief Technical Architect
Brian Dougherty is a Chief Technical Architect with more than 25 years experience in the design, development, and implementation of large UNIX and IBM mainframe information systems with emphasis on Relational Database Technology (Oracle and DB2) and Data Warehouse Architectures. His specific areas of expertise include Data Warehouse Architecture, Objects and Relational Databases, Physical Database Design and Tuning, and Database Administration. His experience includes work with Fortune 500 companies including General Electric and American Express as well as state and local government.
Mr. Dougherty has been the lead architect for numerous award-winning Data Warehouses. He was lead architect for the 1999 Data Warehouse Institute’s Best Practices Award Winner in the Very Large Warehouse Category (VLDB). His architecture and designs have also been nominated for the Computerworld Smithsonian Award and have become part of the Permanent Research Collection on Information Technology at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History.
Prior to CMA, Mr. Dougherty was a senior database consultant for Coopers & Lybrand and Delloite & Touche big five consulting firms. Mr. Dougherty holds a Master of Business Administration from Syracuse University and is active in many professional organizations. In 1999, he won the Data Warehouse Institute’s Best Practices Award in the VLDB category. He has also been nominated for the Computerworld Smithsonian Award.
Mr. Dougherty has most recently designed and implemented very large data warehouses and data architectures for private sector companies, commercial software vendors and state government entities including:
- Lead consulting architect for General Electric Corporation’s Quality Data Warehouse
- Consulting architect for ETL vendor D2K’s Tapestry product and Data Mining software vendor Integrail’s Pathfinder product
- Data architect for the State of Virginia’s Department of health statewide integrated data architecture project
- Lead architect for the New York State Attorney Generals Medicaid Fraud three terabyte Data Warehouse
- Lead Architect for New York State Department of Health’s Medicaid 4 terabyte Data Warehouse
- Lead architect for the City of New York’s Human Resource Administration 3 terabyte Public Assistance and Medicaid data warehouse
- Consulting architect to New York State Department of Labor’s wage reporting data warehouse
- Contributing architect to New York State Office of Mental Health’s Claims data warehouse
- DB2 data architect for General Electric Corporation’s Corporate Benefits databases and New York State Office of General Services DB2 databases
Brian recently presented at EMC World in Las Vegas, Nevada.