President and CEO
Kay Stafford is a successful entrepreneur and business developer with more than 25 years guiding the growth and direction of CMA. Her solid business plan has positioned CMA as a leader in IT consulting and systems integration firms in the Northeast, with an increase in revenue from $1 million to more than $100 million. Accompanying that financial growth is an increase of its employee base by more than 400 percent and the development of a management infrastructure to support business growth.
Under Mrs. Stafford’s leadership, CMA has:
- Created the first Oracle Authorized Education Center in the Capital Region
- Developed nationally-recognized and award-winning Public Health and Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) solutions
- Negotiated the acquisition of several firms
- Significantly expanded CMA’s client-list of New York State government agencies
- Established satellite offices in Manhattan, Phoenix, Hyattsville MD (serving the Washington DC area), and Austin
To meet the needs of CMA’s continued growth, Mrs. Stafford has relocated CMA’s corporate headquarters to a 15,000 square-foot facility in Latham, NY. This move was accompanied by a technology infrastructure upgrade plan for the corporate headquarters and satellite offices, representing a multi-million dollar investment in CMA’s future.
In addition to being appointed by Governor George Pataki to the SUNY Board of Trustees, Mrs. Stafford has served on the Board of Directors for several public and private organizations, including The Community Loan Fund of Fleet Bank, The Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Foundation, The Behavior Health Center, The Adirondack Museum, and The Lake Placid Institute of Music, Drama, and Art.
Mrs. Stafford has an MBA from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.